K.C. Electric Association will award and/or administer the awards to the following:
- (two)-$1000 Scholarships from K.C. Electric Association
- (three)-$750 Scholarships from K.C. Electric Association
- (one)-$1,000 Scholarship from Basin Power Cooperative
- (two)-$500 Scholarships from Tri-State Generation & Transmission Association
Letters and application forms will go out to high school counselors in November of each year. You may get application forms by contacting your school counselor, calling Member Services, or downloading the application below. Your application must be received no later than January 14, 2019 by 5:30 p.m.
Mail your application to:
K.C. Electric Association
ATTN: George Ehlers
PO Box 8
Hugo, CO 80821
Scholarship Program Requirements
- Complete the application, attaching additional sheets, if needed.
- You must be a high school Senior with a minimum grade point average of 2.5.
- Enclose your most recent high school academic transcript.
- Enclose a copy of your college entrance examination scores (ACT and/or SAT).
- Enclose your written essay (details of essay are in the application).
- Enclose one letter of reference from a teacher, counselor, or employer.
- Parents or legal guardian(s) must be members of KC Electric Association.
- Please enclose a recent photo of yourself.
Scholarship may be used at any college, university, or trade school.